If you haven’t visited Houzz.com lately, now is the time to take a look. Browse through the beautiful photos we posted of Westside Remodeling’s completed projects and ask us questions, if you wish. Houzz provides a great forum for online conversations about remodeling and home design.
Since thousands of homeowners use the Houzz website to gain ideas for their remodeling projects, Houzz has regular online contact with a wide spectrum of people from across the U.S. and Canada. This provides the company with the perfect sampling of homeowners for conducting surveys regarding trends in remodeling preferences.
Houzz recently received responses from 7,645 of its users who answered survey questions regarding their on-going master bathroom renovations. The survey asked homeowners what they wanted out of their master bath remodeling projects. We thought you might be interested in the results:
• 49% of the homeowners said the main reason for remodeling their bathroom is to upgrade fixtures and features. Other reasons given were: gain functionality (37%), boost home value (31%), attend to changing lifestyle or family needs (22%), enhance organization and storage (19%)
• 75% are keeping their bathroom’s original footprint, rather than enlarging the space
• 58% decided to gut their bathroom, as opposed to simply updating
• 82% are creating en suite master baths
• 58% will have double sinks, up from 35% in their existing bathroom
• 79% are going with an all glass shower enclosure, 54% chose frameless glass
• 45% of homeowners under 45 choose rain showerheads and multiple showerheads (24%, while those 55 and older prefer hand showers (50%) and sliding bars (20%)
• 26% are going with brushed nickel finish on fixtures, 24% selected polished chrome
• 43% will not include a tub in their master bath
• 33% of those who are installing a tub are going with a freestanding model, 24% with a drop-in.
• 52% chose to expose the toilet, instead of creating a hidden toilet area
• 91% selected high efficiency toilets, 47% prefer a two-piece model and 36% prefer a one-piece
• 32% prefer white cabinets, followed by medium wood (21%) and dark wood (21%)
• 48% will be adding a new window, 41% are including a lighted vanity mirror, 12% are installing a skylight, and 7% are putting LED lights in their showerheads.
Surveys like this one from Houzz can assist homeowners in making remodeling decisions, especially if they are concerned about the resale value of their home. Of course, here at Westside Remodeling we also take great pleasure in helping our clients express their individual style and preferences. Our talented on-staff designers will listen to your thoughts and ideas, and then bring your vision to life. So, if you’re ready to discuss your next remodeling project, please contact Westside via our website or give us a call at 805-499-4121.